CMHA-Oxford offers long and short-term housing options for Oxford County residents. Our Supportive Housing Program provides housing for people dealing with mental illness and homelessness. The level of housing support is flexible, based on our tenants’ individual needs and provided by our Housing Case Managers or in conjunction with other existing service providers. The CMHA Housing Staff team work closely with our partners at Oxford County Human Services, Indwell and private landlords throughout Oxford County.
Criteria for CMHA Housing Homelessness Initiative Program
- Serious or Persistent mental illness, dual diagnosis or mental illness with a brain injury, concurrent disorder.
- Homeless or at risk of being homeless (Risk of eviction, unsafe conditions, current rent more than 50% of their income etc.)
- Housing is for individuals (no families or couples).
- Must be eligible and willing to receive ongoing support services through CMHA, PEPP or ACTT.
- Homeless and leaving the hospital.
- Homeless (including living in a shelter, couch surfing)
- At risk of homelessness
The goal of the housing program is to provide safe, affordable, permanent housing options.
For more information, email Susan Forbes or call 1-800-859-7248.